Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cheap Isn't Just the Sound a Bird Makes


Quite some time ago I found this tiny tea cup for 99 cents.
It seemed perfect for holding a votive, which is exactly what it has been doing, on a shelf over my pink toilet (i still think 'over my pink toilet' is a terribly funny phrase).

For months I've been looking at two saucers at the thrift store.
Every time wondering if one would match my tiny tea cup.
Since I was coming in under budget Saturday, I added one to my pile.
It's a perfect match.
At a mere 50 cents.
Although I feel a bit wasteful, since had I bought it during the half price sale it would have been, well, let's do the math..,
(i'm not good at math)
...only a quarter.

3 comments:

Clare said...

I just love your blog. I too, live for a bargain. The cup is gorgeous. I recently found a vintage top, dress and pair of shoes at the Goodwill and spent $4.50! I will be back. Im in sunny Ca. (although raining right now) Please stop by my blog

Melissa said...

Yeah for you!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Very pretty.

Isn't it funny that we think that way? Just our nature!