Friday, November 7, 2008

Thrift Store Finds


It's handy for me that the place we dump our leaves is right nextdoor to a thrift store.
So, while THGGM dumps the leaves, leaves and more leaves, I shop!


Tonight I found that cute little house with the advent calendar boxes under neath it. This should be fun for Jonge and Famke to count down to Christmas.
Oh, who am I kidding? It will be fun for ME.
I also found a cute little Dutch couple. They hadn't actually hit the floor yet, I pulled them from a shopping cart on it's way to the shelves. They were 49 cents each. She, like many Dutch women I know, was not very photogenic.
And, while quickly glancing through the books which were rather picked over due to 1/2 price days on Wednesday and Thursday, I found "All in the Family" by Edwin O'Connor for only one dollar. I had just started reading his "The Edge of Sadness" last night.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You are so blessed! And I am so jealous! ;-) I very rarely find anything for 50 cents at a thrift store here. I guess I need to branch out to some new stores. Maybe even in different towns when we go to doctor appointments. Oh, see how you always inspire me?
Thanks again. :-)
Angela