Saturday, April 24, 2010

Three Books for Myself


I found three books for myself at the thrift store today. Also found were MANY board books for the grandchildren.
This afternoon I started reading Mr. Lincoln's Wife, and am enjoying it.

It also excited me to find Waiting for the Morning Train by Bruce Catton. The authors name caught my eye immediately. Bruce Catton? Author of all those great Civil War books I'm always looking for? Yes. Unbeknownst to me (but then, nobody tells me anything), he grew up in Northern lower Michigan in the town of Benzonia. I've read the intro and can tell I will enjoy this one, too.



The third book I only bought because I wanted the picture on the cover. Isn't it charming?
But, when I got the book home and thumbed through it, I found that I really like this one also. For 25 cents I still plan to sacrifice the cover. But I'll keep the book. It had a very nice piece from my all time favorite book, The Bird in the Tree by Elizabeth Goudge.



No comments: